1. To the best of our knowledge, all information and prices contained in our brochure, on the internet and other printed information, are correct at the time of going to press. However, VERKTØY AS or Skoleskipet GANN* cannot be held legally liable for any inaccuracies, descriptions or other written information that contains misprints, mistakes or other faults. If oilprices raise more then we have expected prices are subject to change. We will inform you in good time.
2. Prices. Prices are listed in Norwegian Kroner (NKR) and your invoice will show the amount in NKR. Payment from overseas will use the currency exchange rate at date of payment, not as shown in our price conversion list. Our rates shown in pricelist in £ , $ or Euro is stated with approx currency exchange rate. (NOTE: AS OF JUNE 2022 the exchange rate converter are not up to date!) Prices are quoted per person and includes all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). When booking the total amount for the passengers occupying the booked cabin will be showing in the shopping chart. Sightseeing tours in harbours are extra. Payment made by VISA/MASTERCARD creditcard is accepted and preferred. We reserve the right to change/correct prices if public taxes, vat or other fees are added, or changed by the authorities.
3. Payment. A deposit of NOK 5000,- pr person will be debited your creditcard when your booking has been made. Payment of this ensures a confirmation of a reservation for The Woodturning Cruise 2023.
Full payment will be due 30.January 2023 (UPDATED: delayed until 1.March 2023) for bookings made before this date. Bookings after 30.January 2023 will be due at the latest 1.March 2023 but preferably fully paid online when you make your booking. You will receive an email with payment information at the latest 1 month before payment is due.
Please notice: invoice will be issued from Skoleskipet GANN/ WOODT.CRUISE, and payment will be made online using a creditcard. This cruise is organized in a joint venture with Skoleskipet GANN, officially named Unge Sjømenns Kristelige forening. The invoice will be issued in the name of Woodturning Cruise MS GANN. Organization number: # 970230459. Credit cards accepted: VISA and MASTERCARD.
4. Insurance. The organizor and Skoleskipet Gann does not hold any insurance for luggage etc. Skoleskipet Gann is registered in the Reisegarantifondet (1) for your safety against losses of deposit or the full payment. This apply if for any reason the Skoleskipet GANN will be out of business or similar. We strongly advice to sign up for a normal travel insurance.
We also offer the possiblity to sign up for a cancellation insurance which has to be ordered and paid when you book your trip. It is not possible to add it later. The insurance will cover your costs in these cases:
- Cancellation before 1.December 2022, regardless of the reason.
- Cancellation after 1.December 2022, if you or your close family (sprouse, kids, parents) experience an sudden and serious accident, illness or death. Documentation from a doctor or other instituition will be necessary and to be presented at time of cancellation. NOTE: If you already have a travel insurance, a cancellation due to the causes mentioned, are most likely covered by it. Please check that you don't buy something you dont need.
5. Cancelling. If you cancel your booked trip before 1 December 2022 there will be no extra charges. Deposit (NOK 5000,- pr person) will not be refunded. Cancelling between 1.December 2022 and 28.Februray 2023.: we will charge you 50% of the value of the trip. Cancellation after the 1.March 2023; the full amount is up for payment. We strongly advice you to sign up for a travel insurance.
6. Cabins. Most of the cabins are double. If you as a single person book a cabin which is stated as a double cabin you will be charged up to 80% extra fee. If you wish we can try to sell the other bed and you will get a refund, but you will need to share the cabin.
Some cabins has three beds. These are normally sold as double, but if you bring a child or a friend we can make you an offer for three people sharing a cabin. Pictures from cabins used on the website is normally from the actual cabin, but can be from a similar type of cabin. The actual cabin can vary in size and decoration.
7. Changes. We reserve the right to make small changes to the intinirary without giving notice. Departure and arrivel times will be kept and if these is to be changed – a notice will be given.
8. DISCLAIMER. All woodturning or other use of machines, tools or watching demonstrations are done by your own risk! VERKTOY AS or MS GANN can not be held responsible for any injury or accidents that might occur either during sailing or use of lathes or any other tools, machinery or the like.
A disclaimer needs to be signed before any use of lathes or other machinery. As this is a very temporarily workshop, we need to lay it out and arrange it as best we can. Dust extraction will be available for each lathe. Personal safety equipment will be available and we encourage the use of this.
9. Booking must be made by a person above 18 years of age. Children may very well attend to the cruise but booking must be made by an adult.
10. Cancel of the cruise. If the cruise should not get enough participants we will use our right to cancel the trip. Notice will be given at least 2 months ahead. We strongly encourage you not to book any flights or transportation until we can confirm that the cruise will go ahead as planned. A confirmation will be sent out by email when we can confirm that the cruise will take place as planned.
When booking a cruise, either online or by phone, you agree in these conditions.
VERKTOY AS is not a professional cruise organizor (but this will be our 8.th cruise!), but Norways largest main of woodworking tools.
We organize this cruise for two reasons:
1) to be able to present our products to our customers along the coast of Norway
2) to let passengers and fellow woodturners meet in very special surroundings and see our beautiful country, and at the same time get too see and know professional woodturners and their skills!
All the past cruises has been a great success and we are convinced that this will be another great cruise - especially with the ship MS GANN! We will do our best to make this an unforgettable journey and we are sure you will find it very exiting! Onboard you will find passengers from all over the world and most of them are interested in woodworking - so you will always have something to talk about!
We must mention that MS GANN has been organizing cruises to the North Cape for many, many years and they really know how to take good care of their passengers. The meals onboard are very good and you will also get to taste some of Norways specialyties. Please note that there are no bar or alcohol served aboard the MS GANN. This is due to the fact that MS GANN are run by a Christian organization.
The cruise is sold on behalf of UNGE SJOMENNS KRISTELIGE FORENING (Skoleskipet GANN) by VERKTOY AS, and UNGE SJOMENNS KRISTELIGE FORENING are responsible for the transactions made in the webshop.
Personal details we obtain in this process will not be handed over or sold to third party.
* Skoleskipet GANN, formerly adressed as MS GANN. Skolskipet means Schoolship as this is what it is during rest of the year, educating students in the maritime fields, as a high school.
If you have any questions please contact us either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: + 47 51 88 68 00, or in writing:
VERKTØY AS - WOODTURNING CRUISE/ GANN, Sjohagen 2, 4016 Stavanger, Norway.
WELCOME TO A FANTASTIC TIME IN NORWAY!